May 02, 2006

mukhsin relates to all

"It happened to me before. Both ways. That is to say, I have had good friends who fell in love with me, and I fell unexpectedly in love with a buddy once.

I feel it's an interesting human condition to look at, because I myself have never been able to understand how, sometimes, something as beautiful as Love can threaten to end something else that's just as beautiful - Friendship."
Words from our very own Malaysian director, Yasmin.
i was just reading yasmin's blog and those words just hit me. oh btw..yes it is the famous yasmin who directed 'sepet' and 'gubra' and who is currently working on her new film 'mukhsin'. her entry was describing the plot of her new movie and basically it's all about young love and friendship. she writes so well! a woman who deserves a satnding ovation for all her contributions to the malaysian film industry. people with her calibre are wht we need now.
anyway, her words just struck me..the way it was written was just so beautiful. nearly brought a tear to my eye. i too have fallen prey to love...loving the person most dearest to me at that point in time. and as always..the dilemma of choosing between a love followed by hate relationship or a treasured friendship. the latter was chosen. things seemed better tht way and thankfully that choice was the right one. intuition sometimes does lead u down the right path. tht's the past and feelings have changed..no regrets.
till the next update....i would have said yes...
ps. if u wanna grace yasmin's blog click here: The Storyteller

No comments: